Sonic Acts is looking for an Online Content Writer & Coordinator for 24 hours per week. The deadline for applications is 10 April 2022.
About Sonic Acts
Sonic Acts is a leading platform for new developments in electronic and digital art forms. With an extensive year-round programme in the Netherlands and abroad, and a large biennial festival in Amsterdam, we produce, present and distribute a wide range of artistic works. Based in Amsterdam, we work regularly with national and international partners, from kindred cultural organisations to academic institutions. We have an ambitious attitude and strive for innovation and exceptional artistic quality in all of our activities while being a hub for an international network of creators, curators and critical thinkers.
Job description & responsibilities
As the Online Content Writer & Coordinator, you write for and help maintain and improve Sonic Acts’ online communications channels. You compose, edit and setup communications for publication across all our online channels, including websites, social media and newsletters. You are well informed about developments in art and culture, audience-oriented, familiar with technological trends and critical thinking. Above all, you are a sharp and efficient copy/content writer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Translating research and programming topics into accessible and engaging content, both written and with attention to audiovisual presentation;
• Writing and editing content for our website, mailings and social media;
• Administering and maintaining online channels and their audiences/followers, implementing improvements as needed;
• Laying out and publishing online content according to schedule;
• Assisting with generating engagement and maintaining contact with our online community;
• Communications statistics reporting;
• Setting up and monitoring online advertisements;
• Ensuring that our media accessibility goals are met.
• Completed higher education;
• At least 2 years of relevant experience;
• Excellent communication and writing skills in English with a convincing writing style;
• Demonstrable experience in developing and executing various content forms;
• Knowledge of relevant CMS and CRM systems, as well social media tools;
• Photo/video editing and DTP skills are a plus (knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, media, music, art and culture;
• A proactive, flexible and results-oriented attitude;
• Living in or readily able to travel to Amsterdam;
• A sense of responsibility that is not limited to office hours, including availability during events.
What we offer
• A varied and challenging job for 24 hours per week at an innovative cultural organisation, located in Amsterdam;
• A collaborative and inspiring environment of co-workers, partners and artists;
• A salary between € 2.134,- and € 2.414,- gross per month based on full-time employment, depending on knowledge and experience, based on the guidelines of De Zaak Nu.
Apply for the job
Sonic Acts endorses the Fair Practice Code and the Code of Cultural Diversity and is committed to improving the assortment of voices that make up the organisation. Applicants from all (cultural) backgrounds are therefore encouraged to apply. In a case of equal suitability, preference goes to the candidate that strengthens the diversity of the team.
Send your CV and motivation as 1 PDF before 10 April 2022 via Homerun
. Portfolios may also be included in the pdf or as a link, but are not obligatory. For any questions, you can also contact us via email@example.com